What's On This Week
3rd October 2016
Dear Parents / Carers,
Can you believe that we are now over half way through this Autumn half term and before we know it, it will be Christmas! In fact, sent home in book bags today is the Calendar of Events for the rest of the Autumn term, which includes all the dates for our Christmas activities. Please remember to put these very important dates in your diaries.
Once again we have enjoyed a busy week. A couple of the highlights were:
- Bikeability: Twelve of our children from years 4 & 5 successfully completed Level 1 in the National Bikability programme. Six of those children, due to their age, have been selected to take part in Level 2, which consists of 6 hours of bicycle training, split into two sessions. The 1st session takes place on Tuesday 18th October and the 2nd on Friday 21st October.
- Football and Netball Matches: On Wednesday, our years 5 & 6 played in football and netball matches against St Marys School, Bradford Abbas at home. Both teams played exceptionally well, with the netball team drawing 2 all and the football team winning 2/1! Well done to all involved.
- Topaz Class End of Project Presentation: Also on Wednesday, the fabulous Topaz class presented their brilliant stories to their parents and whole school. They demonstrated their ‘reading out loud’ skills superbly. We were all extremely proud of them
Please look on our School website on www.bishopscaundle.dorset.sch.uk for photos of these events.
Please find attached of copies of the following parent letters:
- What’s on this Week W/C 3rd October
- Year 5 Hook Court Residential Letter (Response required): Hard Copy in Book Bags
- Year 6 Measuring Height and Weight Letter (Response required if you wish you child to opt out): Hard Copy in Book Bags
- Calendar of Events – Autumn Term 2016: Hard Copies in Book Bags
Harvest Festival: This year we will be celebrating Harvest Festival differently to previous years. In the morning we will be holding a Harvest Blessing at 9.10am where we will give thanks for the generous harvest donations. All parents are welcome to join us for this assembly which should last approximately 30 minutes. Regarding the harvest donations, our chosen charity this year is the Sherborne Food Bank, and we kindly ask all families to donate one or more of the items to be brought in on Thursday morning:
TINNED FOODS: Carrots, Peas, Sweetcorn Mixed Vegetables, Potatoes Baked Beans, Beans & Sausages, Stewed Steak, Savoury Mince, Meatballs, Hot dogs, Meals in a Tin, Meat pies, Curry, Chilli Con Carne, Corned Beef, Ham, Tuna, Cook-in Sauces, Pasta Sauces, Macaroni Cheese, Spaghetti, Ravioli, Tinned Fruit, Rice Pudding, Instant Custard
PACKETS: 80 Teabags, Coffee, Sugar, Breakfast Cereals inc. Porridge Oats, Cereal Bars, Cup a Soups, Biscuits - Sweet & Savoury, Instant Mashed Potato, Noodles, Dried Pasta, Rice, Couscous, Savoury Rice, Pasta in Sauce, Instant Custard, Instant Desserts, Jellies
BOTTLES / JARS / CARTONS Squash, Fruit Juice, Jam, Honey, Meat Paste, Pasta Sauce, Long Life Milk - All sizes
Following the assembly we will be embarking on a whole school walk in support of The Great African Welly Walk to Howell Church, where we will enjoy a short worship with Vicar Richard. More details regarding this will follow shortly.
We hope you enjoy a restful weekend.