What's On This Week
10th October 2016
Dear Parents / Carers,
Once again we have enjoyed an active week. A couple of the highlights were:
- Football and Netball Matches: This week the children played against Thornford Primary school. The football team scored an incredible 8 goals winning the match, and the netball team just lost out on a draw in the final seconds of the match. All the children played really well and are improving their skills as each week passes. Well done all!
- Harvest Celebrations: Thank you so much for the very generous harvest donations for the Sherborne Food Bank. Mrs Kellaway will be delivering the items to them this weekend and we know that they will be extremely grateful. The Welly and Worship Walk to Holwell was a tremendous success with all the children thoroughly enjoying our beautiful countyside. Many thanks to all the fabulous parent and governor helpers - we would not be able to provide our children with such activities if it were not for this support.
Please look on our School website www.bishopscaundle.dorset.sch.uk for photos of these events.
Please find attached of copies of the following parent letters:
- What’s on this Week W/C 10th October
- Invitation to School Development Evening Tuesday 11th October
- Open Day Invitation Friday 14th October
- Parent Governor Vacancy Letter
- Pet Service at Folke Sunday 9th October
- Dorset Well Being Course Leaflet
Wacky Hair Day Thursday 13th October: We will be supporting Wacky Hair Day this Thursday for the Weldmar Hospice. For a donation of £1.00 the children will be able to come to school with a wacky and creative hair style. Sincere apologies to Lucas in Year 5, who did not get the message that the day was changed from today! However, Lucas’ hairstyle was amazing and should inspire other eye popping designs. (No permanent hair dye please!)
School Development Evening: Tuesday 11th October 6pm: This information was emailed to you earlier in the week. This is a very important meeting for the school and its outcome will affect all the key stakeholders of the school. We have invited all the staff, governors, older children from School Council and Eco Committee and all parents. Unfortunately, as yet, not many parents have accepted this invitation and we kindly ask you to consider joining us at this meeting.
Open Morning: Friday 14th October: We would also love you to join us for this event so you can see your children’s leaning in action. The doors will be open from 10am-12pm and tea and cakes will be available too!
Free School Meals A reminder that it is important that any parent(s) who qualify for Free School Meal eligibility claim their entitlement. The School does receive additional pupil premium funding in its budget for every student eligible and claiming Free School Meals. The School cannot apply for Free School Meals on your behalf. You should apply to Dorset Direct on 01305 221000. Alternatively, you can apply using a paper application form which can be downloaded from the Dorset County Council Website (www.dorsetforyou.com).
Help with Recycling: Following the delivery of new classroom furniture over the summer we have a pile of table tops and broken down cupboards waiting to take to the Sherborne Recycling Centre. So if you have an empty car boot and are going into Sherborne we would really appreciate your help in getting rid of these items! Many thanks in advance.
Have a great weekend