What's On This Week
17th October 2016
Dear Parents / Carers,
Another fantastic week is over… here are a few of the highlights:
- School Development Meeting: On Tuesday evening parents, staff, governors and children came together to review the future developments for the school. The feedback from the evening was exceptional with all the school stakeholders really excited about the new and exciting initiatives planned for the school. The only disappointment was that only 6 parents turned up out of a possible 100!
- Weather Watchers on BBC Solent: Mrs Regan, William Mitchell and Sophie Smyth were radio stars on Wednesday morning as they reported on the weather for the day on BBC Radio Solent. They all performed brilliantly and were very calm, cool and collected. Well done
- Wacky Hair Day for Weldmar Hospice: On Thursday we were very much entertained with an array of creative hairstyles in aid of the Weldmar Hospice. A big thank you to everyone who joined in the fun and helped raise £75 for this very worthy cause. Two Weldmar representatives joined us for our assembly, including the Weldbaa Sheep, to help explain to the children the importance of this incredible hospice.
- Open Morning: Many thanks to all the children who were simply fantastic at our open morning today. The parents who joined us were extremely impressed with the behaviour of the children, the calibre of the teaching and the standard of the learning environment.
- Football and Netball Matches. The matches this week were played at home against Sherborne Primary school. Both teams played really well but just lost out on a win. Both football & netball scores were 2:1 to Sherborne Primary. However, the children’s heads were held really high as they all played really well.
- Welcome to Mrs Grove and Mrs O’Rourke: Mrs Grove and Mrs O’Rourke have enjoyed a great first week in Ruby class and they are both really looking forward to continuing to work closely with the children.
Please look on our School website www.bishopscaundle.dorset.sch.uk for photos of these events.
Please find attached of copies of the following parent letters:
- What’s on this Week W/C 10th October
- Parents’ Evening Invitation: Tuesday 1st and Wednesday 2nd November
- ASSA AGM Invitation: Tuesday 18th October
- Secondary School Application Reminder Letter – Year 6 Only (Hard copy already sent home)
- Parents Online Safety Newsletter
- Community Information: Harvest Service – Sunday 16th October
Afterschool Café: Please join us for a hot drink and a cake afterschool on Friday at 3.30pm. It is a perfect opportunity to celebrate the end of the half term. Donations of homemade cakes / biscuits would be very much appreciated.
Harvest Service: Vicar Richard would love for you all to join him and his lovely wife Liz at Bishops Caundle church this Sunday at 11.00am to celebrate Harvest Festival. The church service is being followed by a ‘bring and share’ lunch in the school hall. It would be very much appreciated if you could support this wonderful event.
Diamond Class Family Science Afternoon: On Monday 17th October, please come and join in a variety of science based activities from 2.00pm.
Diamond & Ruby Class Celebration Assembly: Please do not forget to also join us on Wednesday at 3.00pm to help celebrate the children’s learning across these two classes.
Many thanks & kind regards,