What's On This Week
12th December 2016
Dear Parents / Carers,
Well Christmas is here! Christingles have been made and our Christingle Service was very enjoyable thanks to Vicar Richard and his wife, Liz who led the service. The hall has been beautifully decorated by our wonderful team of ASSA members and this week we enjoyed brilliant nativity performances by our Diamond and Topaz children who have moved and inspired us once again.
Carol Service: Ruby and Sapphire Children – Tuesday 13th December 7.00pm
Our Key Stage 2 Carol Service will take place at St Lawrence Church in Folke this year. This is always a special occasion which opens with a magical candlelit procession. Sapphires and Rubies will be singing the beautiful songs they have learnt with Miss Davies. We do expect all our KS2 children to attend this occasion so please contact us if there are any problems with attendance and we will do all we can to help. Car parking has been organised at Folke Manor Farm (DT9 5HP), courtesy of Mr & Mrs Perrett and there will be school governors directing traffic on the evening. Please remember to bring a torch and wear very sensible shoes as there is a short walk with no street lighting from the allocated parking area to the church. We look forward to seeing you at this very special event.
Here’s to a wonderfully festive last week in school… with still much to look forward to.
The children will be involved in lots of seasonal activities including Christmas parties…
- Ruby and Sapphire Classes will enjoy a disco organised by the staff on Wednesday 14th December 6.30 – 7.45pm.
- On Thursday 15th December, the ASSA Committee are organising a Fancy Dress Christmas Lunch for all the children so there is no need for packed lunches and all hot school meals will be cancelled centrally. The children will need to arrive in school uniform and bring their fancy dress / party clothes with them to change into just before lunch. Letters regarding food contributions for this event were sent home in book bags on Wednesday but we have also attached a copy letter just in case you have not seen it. Please ensure that your food donations are in school by Wednesday morning 14th December. Many thanks in advance.
- In the afternoon of Thursday 15th Diamond and Topaz children will enjoy a traditional Christmas party with lots of games and dancing.
The grand Hamper draw will take place. Many thanks to those of you who have already returned sold tickets and money. For those of you yet to do so, please remember the deadline for the return of all tickets in Monday 12th December.
The Book Awards, Attendance Awards and School Badge Awards will be presented and our now traditional Christmas singalong will take place on the last afternoon of term starting at 2.30pm. At this event our wonderful guitar students:- Oscar, Isobel, Giorgia and Aaron will treat us to a special performance of Jingle Bells.
As the term draws to an end the All Saints team wish all our families a blessed and wonderful Christmas and a successful 2016. The new term starts Wednesday 4th January 2017.
Please find attached of copies of the following parent letters:
- What’s on this Week W/C 5th December
- Christmas Fancy Dress Lunch Request
- Chartwell HSM Menu (In Book Bags Only)
- Reception Only Height and Weight Measurements (In Book Bag Only)